The deadline for the Fall 2022 Faculty Open Search
has now passed and applications are no longer being accepted.
Welcome to The Rockefeller University Online Application System (OAS) for faculty positions.
To begin the application process, you must first register for an account. You will then receive an e-mail with a link to activate your account. After activating your account, you may log-in to begin the application process.
Prior to beginning, please read the FAQ page.
In addition to completing the online application, all applicants will need to submit all of the materials listed below as PDF format. If you do not have the software to create PDF files, you may use the free Word to PDF converter we have provided on the Upload Documents page of the application form.
Three letters of reference are also required by the September 30, 2022, application deadline. Therefore, as soon as your account is activated, please provide the contact information on the application form for those who will provide references and click “Submit References Now.” This will allow your referees sufficient time to provide the reference letters. You will be able to save your information and complete the remainder of your application later.
Your application will be considered complete once we have received the completed application form, the required application materials including the video recording, and three letters of reference. It is not guaranteed that incomplete applications will be reviewed by the Committee.
- Curriculum vitae with a publications list (3 pages maximum)
- A Statement of Research, understandable to scientists in many disciplines, describing your significant research accomplishments and your future research plans (3 pages maximum)
- A 300-word abstract describing your future research program
- A 300-word personal statement describing how your past personal and/or scientific experiences have shaped your research trajectory and your proposed scientific questions of interest
- A five-minute video recording of a presentation describing your current research with approximately one minute at the end describing the focus of your future research program
- The three most relevant publications, preprints (such as those published on https://biorxiv.org ) or complete submitted manuscripts in support of your application (publications are optional)
- A 150-word commentary explaining the importance and impact of the work for each of the papers submitted
- Three letters of reference
If you have any questions regarding applying, please contact us at email@example.com.
On-campus interviews will be conducted over two days on January 17-18, 2023 and February 8-9, 2023.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to reserve both sets of dates.
For further details regarding our faculty search, please visit our web page at
Further information about the research and educational programs at The Rockefeller University can be found at https://www.rockefeller.edu/.
The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who can perform the essential functions for the position. If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please notify Human Resources by calling 212-327-8300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Rockefeller University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a policy that forbids discrimination in employment for protected characteristics. The University has an Affirmative Action Program to increase outreach to women, minorities, individual with disabilities, and protected veterans.